Funding for pre-employment training programs
If you are a training provider, industry association or community group you can apply for funding to deliver pre-employment training programs.
Pre-employment training programs give people practical skills to help them get a job, apprenticeship or traineeship.
Priority is given to programs that lead to employment in:
- occupations with skills shortages
- difficult to fill occupations.
Read more about and get the list of high demand and critical jobs in the Northern Territory.
Who can apply
You can apply for pre-employment training funds if you are one of the following:
- a registered training organisation (RTO)
- an industry organisation
- a training advisory council
- a union
- a community organisation.
What you can apply for
You can apply for funding to develop and run training activities that:
- target unemployed people
- encourage participants to continue vocational education and training
- develop skills for entry into a particular workforce or occupation.
Funding may also be considered for complete qualifications or programs that target other groups.
You can't use pre-employment program funding for participant wages or capital equipment.
How to apply
To apply for pre-employment training funds you will need to submit an expression of interest.
The expression of interest should include:
- a justification statement
- evidence of industry support
- the target group
- the training to be delivered
- the preferred RTO
- a time frame
- a budget estimate.
Send your expression of interest to the Department of Trade, Business and Innovation by mail or email.
Department of Trade, Business and Innovation
Employment and Skilling NT
GPO Box 3200
Darwin NT 0801
Phone: (08) 8935 7717
Last updated: 24 November 2016