Funding for pre-employment training programs
If you are a training provider, industry association or community group you can apply for funding to deliver pre-employment training programs.
Pre-employment training programs give people practical skills to help them get a job, apprenticeship or traineeship.
Priority is given to programs that lead to employment in:
- occupations with skills shortages
- difficult to fill occupations.
Read more about and get the list of high demand and critical jobs in the Northern Territory.
Who can apply
You can apply for pre-employment training funds if you are one of the following:
- a registered training organisation (RTO)
- an industry organisation
- a training advisory council
- a union
- a community organisation.
What you can apply for
You can apply for funding to develop and run training activities that:
- target unemployed people
- encourage participants to continue vocational education and training
- develop skills for entry into a particular workforce or occupation.
Funding may also be considered for complete qualifications or programs that target other groups.
You can't use pre-employment program funding for participant wages or capital equipment.
How to apply
To apply for pre-employment training funds you will need to submit an expression of interest.
The expression of interest should include:
- a justification statement
- evidence of industry support
- the target group
- the training to be delivered
- the preferred RTO
- a time frame
- a budget estimate.
Send your expression of interest by mail or email.
GPO Box 3200
Darwin NT 0801
Phone: (08) 8935 7717
Last updated: 25 July 2017