Power of attorney

Registering a power of attorney

Under the law, if your power of attorney will be used to deal with property or land, you must register it with the Land Titles office.

Registering the power of attorney ensures that a copy is kept in a public place.

You must:

  1. Fill out two versions of the power of attorney form (pdf 38 kb).
  2. Pay the fee.
  3. Submit both versions in person or by mail to the Land Titles Office.

If you lodge one original and one photocopy of the document, the photocopy must be an exact copy of the original document.

The photocopy must have a statement from a legal practitioner, or the donor, on each page stating that it is a ‘true and complete copy of the original power of attorney instrument’.

All forms are required to be printed double sided. If not, you will have to pay an extra fee.

Print all pages in this section

Last updated: 16 June 2020

Share this page:

Was this page useful?

Describe your experience

More feedback options

To provide comments or suggestions about the NT.GOV.AU website, complete our feedback form.

For all other feedback or enquiries, you must contact the relevant government agency.