Fines: if you don't pay
If you do not pay your fine, any of the following can happen:
- you can receive more penalties and have to pay more money
- you can have your driver licence or vehicle registration suspended
- you can have your property seized or sold
- the amount can be taken out of your salary or wages
- you can be be ordered to do community work
- you can have your vehicle immobilised by wheel clamps.
You must pay the whole amount.
Name and shame list
If you owe more than $10,000 your name may be published on the name and shame list.
Find out more about the name and shame list.
Last updated: 06 February 2019
Share this page: