Fines: how to dispute

This page has information about how to dispute either an infringement notice or court fine.

Infringement notice

If you disagree with an infringement notice you have been given, you should immediately contact the agency who gave it to you. 

Court fines

If you disagree with a fine you were given in court, you should get legal advice or lodge an appeal with the court.

Find out how to appeal or dispute a court decision.

Last updated: 06 February 2019


Was this page useful?

Describe your experience

More feedback options

To provide comments or suggestions about the NT.GOV.AU website, complete our feedback form.

For all other feedback or enquiries, you must contact the relevant government agency.