Fines: if you can't pay in full

Changes due to coronavirus (COVID-19)

You can pay your fine by calling 1800 111 530 or online at the Fines Recovery Unit secure payment website.

If you need to pay in person, you must call 1800 111 530 first.

If you can’t pay your fine in full, you may be able to arrange to pay over a period of time.

This can be either:

  • paying by instalments
  • or arranging to pay by a certain date.

The Fines Recovery Unit can help arrange deductions from your Centrelink payments.

If you get another fine you will need to contact the Fines Recovery Unit to discuss making a separate agreement.

How to arrange to pay over a period of time

Contact the Fines Recovery Unit to discuss entering into an agreement.

Last updated: 28 May 2015

Share this page:

Was this page useful?

Describe your experience

More feedback options

To provide comments or suggestions about the NT.GOV.AU website, complete our feedback form.

For all other feedback or enquiries, you must contact the relevant government agency.