Financial help for victims of crime
You are the victim of a violent act
You can claim up to $40,000 for injuries which can include up to $10,000 for financial loss.
Find out more about the rules for how much you can claim by reading the Victims of Crime Assistance Act 2006.
When you can apply
You can apply in any of the following cases:
- you were injured in a violent act, including domestic violence
- you are a victim of sexual assault
- you were injured trying to prevent another person from committing a violent act
- you were injured trying to help or rescue another person from a violent act, but not in the course of your job.
This is known as being a primary victim.
Documents you will need
To apply you must submit all of the following:
- completed primary victim application form
- receipts, quotes and copies of pay slips if you are claiming for expenses or loss of earnings.
How to apply
Submit your application form and any documents listed above to the Crime Victims Services Unit in Darwin by email, post, fax or in person.
Last updated: 12 December 2016
Share this page: