How to file a response

If you have been served with documents relating to an NTCAT matter, you can file a response to the applicant. 

The response should outline the reasons why you oppose the application. 

How to file a response

To respond to an initiating application you must fill in the form:

response to an initiating application form (285.4 kb)
response to initiating application form  (1.6 mb)

After you have filled in the form you must serve a copy of the response to the applicant as soon as possible. Find out more about how to serve documents.
You can submit the application and fee in any of the following ways: 


In person

Submit your response at your nearest NTCAT office. If you live in a remote area you can submit your application and fee at your local NT court facility.


PO Box 41860
Casuarina NT 0810

After you apply

You will need to attend a hearing or conference as outlined in the initiating documentation. If you don't attend at the nominated time, findings, orders or decisions may be made in your absence.

Print all pages in this section

Last updated: 17 August 2018