How to get money you are owed

When the debtor is owed money

If the debtor cannot pay because they are owed money by someone else, the creditor can apply for a garnishee order.

This means the person who owes money to the debtor, known as a garnishee, pays the money directly to the creditor.

To get a garnishee order, you must apply to the registrar of the court where the judgment was made.

Print all pages in this section

Last updated: 18 June 2015

Give feedback about this page.

Share this page:

URL copied!