How to get money you are owed

Being paid from the debtor’s wages

If the debtor has a job, you can apply for payments to be taken from their wages.

This is called an attachment of earnings order. 

The court will decide the amount, making sure the debtor has enough money for living expenses. This is known as the protected earnings rate.

Print all pages in this section

Last updated: 18 June 2015

Give feedback about this page.

Share this page:

URL copied!