Security officer and crowd controller laws
Licensed security officers and crowd controllers in the Northern Territory (NT) must follow all relevant laws. If you don't, you may:
- be fined
- have your licence suspended or cancelled.
How to avoid common licence breaches
- tell the NT government within 30 days if your home address changes
- carry your licence while on duty
- if you are a crowd controller, display a designated number attached to your clothing that is visible to the public
- sign the register when you start work and sign off when you have finished
- tell the NT government immediately if you are charged and/or convicted of a disqualifying offence
- maintain a current first aid certificate.
Codes of practice
For more information about security officer and crowd controller obligations, you can read either:
- security officer code of practice
- or crowd controller code of practice.
Practice directions issued by the Director-General of Licensing give important information about matters relevant to the security industry.
Licensees should read the practice direction about asphyxia.
Last updated: 05 February 2020