Changes to NT liquor laws
On 1 October 2019, liquor laws changed in the Northern Territory (NT).
All liquor licence holders must follow the new rules of the NT Liquor Act 2019.
Changes to the Act include:
- new conditions and authorities attached to all liquor licences
- converting current licences to new licences
- applying a new risk-based annual fee to all licences.
What you need to do
Find out what you need to do if you already have a liquor licence or want to apply for one:
- current liquor licence holder - convert your liquor licence
- new applicant - apply for a liquor licence
- wholesaler - register as a wholesaler of liquor
- interstate retailer - sell or deliver alcohol from outside the NT
- business providing free drinks - register to serve free alcoholic drinks.
Last updated: 28 July 2021
Share this page:URL copied!