Milikapiti is located on Melville Island which is about 100 kilometres north of Darwin.
It has a population of 458 residents.
2017 jobs profile
The 2017 profile highlights:
- there were 112 filled jobs, of which:
- 78 jobs (70%) were filled by Aboriginal peoples
- 34 jobs (30%) were filled by non-Aboriginal peoples
- 37% of employed Aboriginal peoples are working in the private sector
- Aboriginal females made up 59% of total Aboriginal filled jobs
- there were 14 vacant jobs, of which:
- job vacancies as a percentage of jobs was 11%
- job vacancies equate to one in 10 jobs
- 11 vacancies were in the professional and community and personal service workers areas.
- Accommodation and food services were the largest industry employer, followed by public administration and safety with filled jobs of 38 and 27, respectively, in 2017.
- Primary industry was the largest training activity sector in 2017 with 27 students, followed by community services, health and education and automotive with 16 and 15 respectively.
Read the full 2017 job profile report for Milikapiti.
The community workplace planning guide consists of tools and resources to assist service providers to overcome workforce challenges in remote Aboriginal communities. Find out more about remote community workforce plans.
Last updated: 26 February 2019