Docker River (Kaltukatjara) is located 670 kilometres west-south-west of Alice Springs near the Western Australia border.
It has a population of 438 residents.
2017 jobs profile
The 2017 profile highlights:
- there were 39 filled jobs, of which:
- 19 jobs (49%) were filled by Aboriginal peoples
- 20 jobs (51%) were filled by non-Aboriginal peoples
- 46% of employed Aboriginal peoples are working in the private sector
- Aboriginal females made up 79% of total Aboriginal filled jobs
- there were no jobs filled by people aged 15 to 24 years.
- there were 19 vacant jobs, of which:
- job vacancies as a percentage of jobs was 33%
- job vacancies equate to one in three jobs
- nine of the vacancies were in community and personal service workers areas
- Education and training were the largest industry employers in 2017.
- Business and clerical had the highest student numbers in 2017.
Read the full 2017 job profile report for Docker River.
The community workplace planning guide consists of tools and resources to assist service providers to overcome workforce challenges in remote Aboriginal communities. Find out more about remote community workforce plans.
Last updated: 26 February 2019