Borroloola is located at the end of the Carpentaria Highway. It is 1000 kilometres south-east of Darwin, 662 kilometres from Katherine and 1007 kilometres from Mount Isa, Queensland.
Borroloola has a population of 579 residents.
2017 jobs profile
The 2017 profile highlights:
- there were 337 filled jobs, of which:
- 198 jobs (59%) were filled by Aboriginal peoples - an increase of eight jobs from 2014
- 139 jobs (41%) were filled by non-Aboriginal peoples - a decrease of 13 jobs from 2014
- 44% of employed Aboriginal peoples are working in the private sector
- Aboriginal peoples made up 59% of job holders in the town compared to 56% in 2014
- Aboriginal females made up 47% of total Aboriginal filled jobs in the town compared to 54% in 2014
- there were 55 vacant jobs, of which:
- job vacancies as a percentage of jobs increased to 14% in 2017 from 10% in 2014
- job vacancies equate to one in seven jobs
- 42 of the vacancies were in the professional and community and personal services workers areas
- Public administration and safety industry continues to be the largest industry employer over the three survey periods. This is despite a decrease of 36 filled jobs compared to 2014.
- Training had an overall increase of 138 student numbers between 2013 and 2016.
- Community services, health and education were the largest training activity sectors in 2016 followed by the primary industry.
Read the full 2017 job profile report for Borroloola.
Past job profiles
The community workplace planning guide consists of tools and resources to assist service providers to overcome workforce challenges in remote Aboriginal communities. Find out more about remote community workforce plans.
The community workplace planning guide can be used with the workforce planning template for Borroloola . This template is populated with data from the 2014 remote town job profiles.
Last updated: 26 February 2019
Share this page: