Medical kits for remote areas


If you live in a remote area you may need to keep prescription medicine for use in an emergency.

You must apply for an authorisation to keep prescription medicine. You can apply for an authorisation to keep a general medical kit or a Department of Health emergency medical kit.

General medical kits can be tailored to fit your needs. They can be stocked with medicines for specific uses, such as for mine sites or pearling vessels.

Emergency medical kits contain supplies for use in unexpected, urgent events. You don't have to pay for these kits. They are designed to help families, small communities or people living on remote stations cope with emergencies.

All medical kits are for emergency use only. If you or your family need ongoing treatment, you should see a doctor.

Print all pages in this section

Last updated: 07 January 2016

Give feedback about this page.

Share this page:

URL copied!