Apply to become a rideshare driver
To become a rideshare driver in the NT you must meet all of the following requirements:
- be at least 18 years and six months old
- hold a current NT open driver licence
- have a passport and a work visa if you are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- have a current Hire and Reward (H endorsement) on your driver licence or pass the H endorsement theory test
- have a current National Police Certificate issued by SAFE NT dated within three months
- have a current medical assessment completed by a medical practitioner dated within six months
- have an ABN.
You can also get the ridesharing driver checklist .
Before you apply
Before applying online you should read the CPV05 How to obtain an H (Hire or Reward) endorsement information bulletin.
You will need to have the following ready:
- your driver licence details
- a scanned copy of your National Police Certificate
- a scanned copy of your medical assessment
- your passport and work visa details.
How to apply
You will need to complete the online hire and reward knowledge test.
To check if you are ready, you can do a free practice theory test online.
You will need to pay a $20 fee for sitting the test. If you don't pass, you will need to pay $20 each time you resit the test. You will be told how to pay the fee once your application is approved.
Once you complete the theory test, you will then need to fill in the online CPV driver licence application.
If you plan to use your own rideshare vehicle you must also complete the Commercial Vehicle Licence online application.
After you apply
If your application is approved you will need to pay the theory test fee and a $7 administration fee. You will get an email telling you how to pay.
Once the fee is paid your updated driver's licence and a Commercial Passenger Vehicle identity card will be posted to you in the mail. This can take up to five working days.
You can then apply to use your vehicle for ridesharing.
Last updated: 02 November 2018