Operating or owning a commercial passenger vehicle

Put your CVL on hold

You can apply to place an existing commercial vehicle licence (CVL) on hold for a maximum period of three months each year.

To place your taxi, minibus, limousine or private hire car on hold, you need to complete an application to place an existing CVL on hold PDF (601.6 KB).

Submit your application in person at a MVR office.

When submitting your application, your CPV registration plates must be surrendered. You may choose to re-register the vehicle under private registration so you can drive it on the road while your CVL is on hold.

If your CVL is not reactivated within the maximum period, it will be considered cancelled.

Print all pages in this section

Last updated: 20 December 2017

Give feedback about this page.

Share this page:

URL copied!