NT Volunteer of the Year Awards
Nominations are now open for the 2017 NT Volunteer of the Year Awards.
The NT Volunteer of the Year Awards celebrate exemplary volunteer work and recognise the contribution that volunteers make to communities in the Northern Territory.
The awards are an initiative of Volunteering NT and are sponsored by the Northern Territory Government.
The 2017 awards are in the following categories.
Top End and Central Australia award categories
There are four individual categories and one organisation category:
- Chief Minister's Volunteer of the Year Award
- Chief Minister's Youth Volunteer of the Year Award
- Medal for Emergency Service Volunteer Award
- Community Volunteer Organisation of the Year
- NT Volunteer Certificate of Appreciation.
NT-wide award categories
There are two individual categories and one organisation category:
- Lifetime Contribution to Volunteering Award
- Excellence in Volunteer Management Award
- Northern Territory Corporate Volunteer Team of the Year.
An overall NT winner will be selected from finalists and receive the Chief Minister's Volunteer of the Year Award.
How to nominate
To nominate an individual or organisation go to the Volunteering SA&NT website.
When to nominate
Nominations opened on June 1 and will close on 20 August 2017.
When and where the awards will take place
Awards will be held in two locations:
- Central Australia - Alice Springs on 1 November 2017
- Top End - Darwin on 2 November 2017.
To find out more about the awards go to the Volunteering SA&NT website.
Last updated: 26 September 2017