Grants for gender equality
General grants for gender equality
If you have a project that aims to increase gender equality in the Northern Territory (NT), you can apply for a general grant of up to $5,000.
The Office of Gender Equity and Diversity general grants program offers two funding rounds each year.
When you can apply
Round one is open from July to December.
Round two is open from January to May.
Who can apply
To apply, you must be:
- an NT resident if applying as an individual
- an organisation based and registered in the NT.
You must also show that the funds will contribute to a positive outcome that supports gender equality for all Territorians.
Projects that are allowed
Projects that will be considered must address gender inequities that exist in at least two of the following areas:
- education, employment and economic security
- health and wellbeing
- participation and representation in leadership and decision-making
- respect and empowerment.
Proects must meet all of the following:
- be consistent with the aims of the grants program
- have identifiable outcomes and project objectives
- be part of a comprehensive plan to address an identified need
- not have commercially oriented objectives
- be completed within the proposed timeframe unless otherwise agreed.
Examples of projects that may get funding
Your project could:
- contribute to reduce the gender pay gap
- support efforts to achieve a gender balance in:
- economic security
- aim to reduce gender-based violence or increase community safety
- encourage positive health outcomes and wellbeing
- facilitate and promote equitable leadership, participation and representation
- promote respect, counter stigma, prejudice or humiliation.
Examples of projects that will not get funding
Grants will not be given for projects that involve any of the following:
- political activities
- commercial or business activities
- the purchase of capital equipment (including hardware or software)
- services already running
- profit-making projects
- real estate purchase
- deficit budgets
- wages for staff
- management or administration fees
- printing and stationery costs
- projects that are the same as existing events.
Before you apply
Read the detailed guidelines, including the conditions of grant.
How to apply
Applications are now open.
You can apply for the grant through GrantsNT.
If you haven't created a profile on GrantsNT, you will need to set one up before applying for any grant.
To apply, go to the GrantsNT website.
For help filling in your form or for more information, contact the Office of Gender Equity and Diversity by calling 08 8999 8373 or emailing email@example.com.
After you apply
You will receive an email when your application has been received.
It may take up to six weeks for your application to be assessed.
If you are successful
If you are successful, you will have to sign a grant agreement.
This means you must complete the project funded by the grant under law.
When your project has finished
You must send all of the following documents to the Office of Gender Equity and Diversity within six weeks of your event finishing:
Last updated: 03 February 2020