Get help if you are not eligible for the NDIS

If you are a Northern Territory (NT) resident and are not eligible for the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS), you may be eligible for other support.

Health services and supports are available for adults and children who have a mild to moderate impairment with no permanent disability.

Types of support

Different types of support you may be eligible for include:

  • allied health services such as:
    • physiotherapy
    • speech therapy
    • occupational therapy
  • community equipment - for people who have a functional impairment and rely on equipment to assist them in everyday life.
  • Seating Equipment Assessment and Technical (SEAT) service  - provides clinical and technical assessments and supports to wheelchair users, families and carers.

How to apply

To find out if you are eligible, call the Office of Disability on 1800 139 656.

Last updated: 21 September 2020

Share this page:

Was this page useful?

Describe your experience

More feedback options

To provide comments or suggestions about the NT.GOV.AU website, complete our feedback form.

For all other feedback or enquiries, you must contact the relevant government agency.