Residential building insurance


In the Northern Territory (NT), owners of new homes must have residential building cover as protection from defective or incomplete work.

New homes in this instance include duplexes, units in complexes up to three storeys in height excluding undercroft or underground parking levels, and extensions or renovations to those buildings.

The Building Act sets out the requirements for residential building insurance. Read the Building Act 1993.

Read about getting a fidelity fund certificate for residential building works, including extensions or renovations carried out since 2013.

Read about the home building certification fund, the scheme for insuring residential building work between 1993 and 31 December 2012.

Print all pages in this section

Last updated: 31 March 2016

Give feedback about this page.

Share this page:

URL copied!