Territory Wildlife Park
The Territory Wildlife Park is the place to start any Top End adventure and is a favourite among families.
Here you will see animals and plants from the Top End in their natural settings and displays that show the diversity of natural habitats in the Northern Territory (NT).
The park is spread out around a 4km loop road with free shuttle trains and natural walking paths.
There are services for the disabled, and there is air-conditioning in the Main Station, Nocturnal House and aquarium.
The cafe is open daily for refreshments and there's a picnic area and children's playground to enjoy a picnic under the shade.
What to see and do
The park has many features and daily wildlife presentations, including all of the following:
- a nature display free-flight bird show with a range of trained birds
- a large nocturnal house with a range of Top End animals that usually only come out at night
- daily walks and talks in the Woodland Walk where you can learn about and touch Top End wallabies
- a series of large walk-through aviaries full of the best of the Top End's birdlife
- range of wildlife encounters that you can book to get a special close-encounter with some of the Top End's unique animals.
The large aquarium has turtles, fish, sawfish, freshwater crocodiles and a 3.8m saltwater crocodile.
There is a wide range of aquatic life that can be found in Top End rivers and the ocean.
How to get there
The Territory Wildlife Park is a 45-minute drive south of Darwin.
It is on 625 hectares of native bush next to Berry Springs Nature Park.
Travel 50km south of Darwin along the Stuart Highway and take the Cox Peninsula Road turnoff.
The park is 12km along the road.
Daily from 9am to 5pm.
Closed on Christmas Day.
Phone: 08 8988 7200
Visit the Territory Wildlife Park website for entry fees, the daily program and more information.
Territory Wildlife Park has all of the following facilities:
- drinking water
- public toilets
- disabled access
- picnic areas
- walking tracks
- scenic lookout
- souvenir shop
Last updated: 23 February 2022
Share this page:URL copied!