Safety in Litchfield National Park
Get tips on being prepared and safe
You can have a safe and comfortable trip to Litchfield National Park by doing all of the following:
- swim only in designated areas
- observe park safety signs
- carry and drink plenty of water
- wear a hat, insect repellent and sunscreen
- wear suitable clothing and footwear
- carry a first aid kit
- avoid strenuous activity during the heat of the day - find out how to stay safe in the heat
- get Avenza Maps for free interactive park maps on your mobile phone or tablet
- take note of emergency call device locations
- make sure your vehicle is well-maintained and equipped
- beware of theft, lock vehicles and secure valuables.
Don't sit on bare ground or grass as scrub typhus is transmitted by microscopic bush mites on grasses and bushes. Read more on scrub typhus.
Last updated: 28 February 2022
Share this page:URL copied!