Learn to Swim vouchers for your child
If your child is under five years old and not enrolled in preschool or school, you can apply for learn to swim vouchers in the Northern Territory (NT).
This is called the Learn to Swim Voucher Program.
Your child can receive two $100 Learn to Swim vouchers each year. Apply online in January or in July.
Who can apply
To get a learn to swim voucher your child must meet all of the following:
- be a resident of the NT
- be aged five years and under
- not be enrolled in preschool or school
- have registered for the water safety awareness program - for more information go to the Royal Life Saving NT website.
If you are unsure if your child has registered for the water safety awareness program contact Royal Life Saving NT on (08) 8981 5036 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can only get one voucher in a semester - either a learn to swim voucher or a sport voucher.
How to apply
Follow these steps to get a learn to swim voucher:
1. Register for the water safety awareness program with Royal Life Saving NT.
2. Fill in the online learn to swim voucher form. An electronic voucher will be emailed to you within two to five days.
3. Find a registered swim activity provider.
4. Book lessons with the registered swim activity provider using your learn to swim voucher.
You can apply online for swim vouchers every six months - from January and July - until your child is enrolled in preschool.
Where you can use vouchers
You can use learn to swim vouchers with a registered swim activity provider.
Vouchers are for swimming lessons only.
What vouchers can't be used for
Learn to swim vouchers can't be used for any of the following:
- to purchase items such as bathers, goggles, swimming equipment or toys
- lessons that have already taken place
- to trade for cash.
Last updated: 26 September 2016