Learn to Swim vouchers for your child
If your child is under five years old and not enrolled in preschool or school, you can apply for learn to swim vouchers in the Northern Territory (NT).
This is called the Learn to Swim Voucher Program.
Your child can receive two $100 Learn to Swim vouchers each year. Apply online in January or in July.
Who can apply
To get a Learn to Swim voucher your child must meet all of the following:
- be a resident of the NT
- be aged five years and under
- not be enrolled in preschool or school
- have registered for the water safety awareness program - for more information go to the Royal Life Saving NT website.
If you are unsure if your child has registered for the water safety awareness program contact Royal Life Saving NT on (08) 8981 5036 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can only get one voucher in a semester - either a learn to swim voucher or a sport voucher.
How to apply
Learn to Swim vouchers for 2016/17 have now expired.
You will be able to request a new voucher for 2017/18 from Saturday, 1 July 2017.
Where you can use vouchers
You can use learn to swim vouchers with a registered swim activity provider.
Vouchers are for swimming lessons only.
What vouchers can't be used for
Learn to swim vouchers can't be used for any of the following:
- to purchase items such as bathers, goggles, swimming equipment or toys
- lessons that have already taken place
- to trade for cash.
Last updated: 31 May 2017