Learn to Swim vouchers for your child

If your child is under five years old and not enrolled in preschool or school, you can apply for learn to swim vouchers in the Northern Territory (NT).

This is called the Learn to Swim Voucher Program.

Your child can receive two $100 Learn to Swim vouchers each year. Apply online in January or in July.

Who can apply

To get a Learn to Swim voucher your child must meet all of the following:

If you are unsure if your child has registered for the water safety awareness program contact Royal Life Saving NT on (08) 8981 5036 or nt@rlssa.org.au

You can only get one voucher in a semester - either a learn to swim voucher or a sport voucher.

How to apply

Learn to Swim vouchers for 2016/17 have now expired.

You will be able to request a new voucher for 2017/18 from Saturday, 1 July 2017.

Where you can use vouchers

You can use learn to swim vouchers with a registered swim activity provider

Vouchers are for swimming lessons only. 

What vouchers can't be used for

Learn to swim vouchers can't be used for any of the following: 

  • to purchase items such as bathers, goggles, swimming equipment or toys
  • lessons that have already taken place
  • to trade for cash.

Last updated: 31 May 2017