Before you apply for a sport and active recreation grant
This page has information on applying for a sport and active recreation grant in the Northern Territory (NT).
You must apply for all sport and active recreation grants online with Grants Tracker. Not all applications receive funding. Late or incomplete applications will not be funded.
If your funding application includes details of your outcomes it will be considered a higher priority. You must not make financial commitments because you expect to get funding.
Your application must include the following:
- clearly detailed objectives of your project - the funding you seek must directly align with these
- quotes for goods or services you wish to purchase.
What you can apply for
You can apply for the following sport and active recreation grants using Grants Tracker:
Who can apply
To apply for funding your organisation must meet all of the following:
- operate in the NT
- meet the department's definition of a sport or active recreation organisation
- be registered as an incorporated body with the NT Department of Trade, Business and Innovation or have similar legal status
- operate as a not-for-profit organisation
- represent the interests of Territorians in sport or active recreation
- be compliant or working towards compliance with the NT Associations Act 2003, including submission of all required documentation to the Department of Trade, Business and Innovation
- have current public liability insurance of at least $10,000,000
- be connected to an organisation recognised as the national body or NT peak sporting body.
Peak sporting bodies that run an association or league may apply on behalf of the clubs they represent.
If your organisation does not have legal standing, you can ask an organisation with legal standing, known as an administering body, to represent you - funds will be paid to the administering body.
Who can't apply
All of the following groups may not apply for sport and active recreation funding:
- associations of parents or friends
- state and federal government departments
- education institutions or schools
- school councils or student groups
- political, welfare or religious organisations
- businesses and commercial organisations
You can't get a grant for an event that has happened or begins before you have signed a funding agreement.
You can't apply for a grant or receive payments until you have acquitted any applicable previous grants. Acquitting a grant means providing evidence to accurately account for funding and confirm the funding outcomes were met.
How to apply
You can apply for a sport and active recreation grant online using Grants Tracker.
Last updated: 21 February 2020
Share this page: