Permits for mobile food/coffee vans
You must apply for a permit if you want to operate a mobile food/coffee van in a park or reserve in the Northern Territory (NT).
There are five types of permits available:
- single event permit – issued for a single occasion
- three months permit – issued for weekly operations for the duration three months
- six months permit – issued for weekly operations for the duration of six months
- annual permit – issued for weekly operations over the course of 12 months
- multi-year permit up to a maximum of three years.
Who can apply
To apply for a permit your business must:
- only sell food and/or drinks only
- no alcohol permitted
- have a registered business name, Australian Business Number (ABN) and be registered with the NT Department of Health
- be self-sufficient with power, water supplies and waste
- have public and product liability insurance for at least $10 million
- show a public need for this service.
What you need
You must include the following in your application:
- detailed site plan of the proposed location
- type of mobile food/coffee van, include a photograph
- how you will be self-sufficient with power and water
- proposed generator use, where required
- operating days and times.
How to apply
To apply, follow these steps:
Step 1: Read the policy mobile food/coffee vans on parks and reserves policy and guidelines .
Step 2. Submit your completed form online or by email.
Complete your application online
How much your fee will be depends on the area you operate in.
Urban is within 30km radius of a city or town.
Remote is outside 30km radius of a city or town.
Read below for permit costs.
|Multi-year – two years||$4,500||$1,000|
|Multi-year –three years||$6,000||$2,000|
A security deposit of $1,000 applies to each permit, in addition to permit fees.
Parks and Wildlife Division
Jape Homemaker Village
Level 1 JHV2 356 Bagot Road
MILLNER NT 0810
PO Box 496
PALMERSTON NT 0831
Last updated: 21 July 2021
Share this page:URL copied!