Nitmiluk National Park

Phone: (08) 8973 8821

Park SitesAccessComments Forecast opening
Nitmiluk National Park ClosedThis park is closed as a health and safety precaution due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. 
Swimming in Katherine River: gorge 1 Closed              
Swimming in Katherine River: gorges 2 and 3 Closed  
Swimming in Katherine River: gorges 4 upwards Closed  
Private Canoeing (day and overnight) - gorges 2 and upriverClosed                        
Jatbula Trail Closed  
Northern Rockhole – Walk and swimming Closed  
Southern Rockhole – Walk and swimming Closed  
Baruwei Loop Walk Closed  
Boat tours ClosedFor more information contact Nitmiluk Tours on 1300 146 743 or visit 
Southern walks
Windolf Walk Closed  
Butterfly Gorge Walk Closed                       
Lily Ponds Walk Closed  
Lily Ponds – swimming at river Closed  
Lily Pond Waterfall – swimming Closed  
Dunlop Swamp – camping Closed  
Smitt Rock Walk (via Yambi Walk) Closed  
Jawoyn Valley WalkClosed  
Eighth Gorge WalkClosed  
Waleka Walk (Pats Lookout to Butterfly Gorge) Closed  
Waleka Walk ( Butterfly Gorge to 8th Gorge) Closed  
Leliyn (Edith Falls)
Edith Falls Closed  
Leliyn Loop Walk Closed  
Sweetwater Walk Closed  
Sweetwater swimming Closed  
Swimming in plunge pool Closed  
Swimming in upper pool Closed  
Campground Closed 

Last updated: 28 March 2020

Share this page:

Was this page useful?

Describe your experience

More feedback options

To provide comments or suggestions about the NT.GOV.AU website, complete our feedback form.

For all other feedback or enquiries, you must contact the relevant government agency.

Back to top