Keep River National Park
Keep River National Park is one of the Northern Territory's (NT) best kept secrets. It's home to geological wonders and sites that reveal ancient Aboriginal rock art.
The city of striped sandstone structures, which can be likened to the Bungle Bungles in Western Australia (WA), are best seen on the 7km Jarnem Walk.
There is also rock art at Langgerrbi (Nigli Gap) and on the Jenemoom Walk you can see more ancient Aboriginal paintings and shell middens.
Keep River National Park is on the traditional lands of the Miriwoong and Gajirrabeng people.
There are saltwater crocodiles in all waterways in the Keep River National Park. Do not swim and Be Crocwise at all times.
Phone: 08 9167 8827
|Park sites||Access||Comments||Forecast opening|
|Keep River National Park||Open||-|
|Ginger's Hill Walk||Open||-|
|Goorrandalng Loop Walk||Open||-|
The park is 3km east of the NT and WA border, off the Victoria Highway.
Roads throughout the park are unsealed. Check road conditions before you go.
- information signs
- ranger station
- visitor centre - open from 6:30am to 6:30pm
- fire pits
- limited drinking water
- public toilets
- picnic area
- walking tracks
- public payphone - in front of the ranger station.
- download Avenza map app before you leave
- camping fees apply - cash only - no change available onsite
- take your rubbish with you as there are no bins in the park
- stay on marked roads and tracks
- use free interactive park maps on your mobile phone or tablet
- cultural items and wildlife are protected
- pets are not permitted in the park
- nets, traps and firearms are not permitted
- be careful with fire and light fires only in fireplaces provided
- camp only in marked camping areas
- collect firewood before arriving at your picnic or campsite
- generators are only permitted at Goorrandalng Campground between 7:30am and 8:30pm
- follow all fishing laws
- check your vehicle is not transporting pests like weeds and cane toads
- a permit is needed to fly a drone - you must get the permit before you get to the park.
Last updated: 09 July 2021
Share this page:URL copied!