Holmes Jungle Nature Park
Holmes Jungle Nature Park protects large numbers of birds, mammals and reptiles that seek refuge in the cool monsoon rainforest.
The hilltop area overlooks the wetlands and surrounding bushland and is an ideal spot for a picnic.
Cyclists and horse riders are welcome in the park on a separate shared track.
On your walk down to the jungle make sure you keep an eye out for red-backed fairy-wrens, which are common in pandanus clumps in the park.
In the Wet Season you might see spangled drongos and pied imperial-pigeons.
Phone: (08) 8946 5126
|Park sites||Access||Comments||Forecast opening|
|Holmes Jungle Nature Park||Open||Open 8am to 6pm||NA|
|Top Road, including front gate access||Open||NA|
|Woodland Walking Tracks||Open||NA|
|Jungle Walk in Monsoon Forest||Open||NA|
|Hilltop Picnic Area||Open||NA|
Vehicles can access the park from 8am to 6pm.
Some roads are closed during the Wet Season from October to April.
Turn off Vanderlin Drive headed to the Shoal Bay Recycling Centre.
Entry to the park is the second road on your right. Look out for signs.
You can do all of the following activities in the park:
- wildlife watching
- scenic lookout
- horse riding
Holmes Jungle Nature Park has all of the following facilities:
- information signs
- drinking water
- public toilets
- picnic tables.
When visiting the park, remember all of the following:
- put your rubbish in the bin or take it with you
- stay on designated roads and tracks
- cultural items and wildlife are protected
- nets, traps and firearms are not permitted
- no camping
- no fishing
- check your vehicle is not transporting pests like weeds and cane toads.
Have a safe and comfortable trip to Holmes Jungle Nature Park by doing all of the following:
- observe park safety signs
- carry and drink plenty of water
- wear a hat, sunscreen and insect repellent
- wear suitable clothing and footwear
- carry a first aid kit
- avoid strenuous activity during the heat of the day
- beware of theft, lock vehicles and secure valuables.
Phone: 08 8946 5126
Last updated: 07 March 2019