Most parks and reserves in the Northern Territory (NT) have grounds set aside for camping that you can use at any time - unless they are closed due to seasonal weather. Campgrounds have a range of facilities and fees.

You do not need a permit if you are entering a park to go bushwalking or camping in areas marked for that purpose, unless the park or reserve is listed below under camping permits. 

Go to the camping page of the Travel NT website.


You will need a permit to camp outside of marked camping grounds.

You will need a permit to visit Garig Gunak Barlu National Park / Cobourg Peninsula or Channel Point Coastal Reserve.

Entry fees apply to visit Kakadu National Park. Go to the Kakadu passes and permits page of the Parks Australia website.

Entry fees apply to visit Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park. 

Go to the Uluru passes and permits page of the Parks Australia website.

Last updated: 12 February 2016

Share this page:

Was this page useful?

Describe your experience

More feedback options

To provide comments or suggestions about the NT.GOV.AU website, complete our feedback form.

For all other feedback or enquiries, you must contact the relevant government agency.