About hunting and shooting

You may need a permit to hunt in the Northern Territory (NT).

There are two types of hunting permits available:

Animals you can hunt

The above permits allow you to legally hunt feral pigs on nominated reserves and the following waterfowl during the declared season:

  • magpie geese
  • grey teal duck
  • pink-eared duck
  • hardhead duck - also called white-eye duck
  • maned duck - also called wood duck
  • wandering whistle duck - also called water whistle duck
  • plumed whistle duck - also called grass whistle duck
  • pacific black duck.

Hunting rules

There are restrictions about where and when you can hunt for these animals.

You should learn the rules about hunting practices in the NT, including which guns you can use.

Read more about:

Give feedback about this page.

Share this page:

URL copied!