Creative industries: fellowship grant
If you are a Northern Territory (NT) artist or arts worker, you can apply for a fellowship grant to support your career development.
Creative fellowship grants help you acquire new skills, knowledge and networks.
Four fellowships are being offered under the Arts Grants Program:
- Top End artist
- Central Australian artist
- Aboriginal artist or arts worker
- professional arts worker.
You should read the Arts Grants Program guidelines before you apply.
What you can apply for
You can apply for a grant of up to $25,000 per applicant per year. Funding is for activities starting from 1 March 2020.
The grant should not be used for the development or delivery of new work only.
You can travel interstate or overseas as part of a fellowship.
Your proposed activities must meet the grant objectives and demonstrate benefits to the arts, culture and creative industries of the NT.
The aim of the grant is to:
- profile NT arts and culture
- recognise NT artists/arts workers outstanding achievement in the arts and creative industries
- strengthen professional practice and employment opportunities for established NT artists or arts workers
- employ NT artists and arts workers.
Who can apply
You can apply for this grant if you are an individual and meet the Arts Grants Program guidelines.
You must demonstrate you have:
- a minimum of six years professional arts practice in the NT across art forms including dance, literature, music, theatre, visual arts and community arts
- and made a significant contribution to NT arts, culture and creative industries and the community.
When to apply
Applications open on 7 October and close on 29 November 2019.
Applicants will be notified of funding outcomes in February 2020.
How to apply
Apply online at GrantsNT.
For more information or assistance contact Arts NT.
Last updated: 16 August 2019