Apply for an arts fellowship grant
Arts Fellowship grants offer support for mid-career, established artists and arts workers to undertake research or professional development.
The grants are part of the Northern Territory Arts Grants Program and support all of the following:
- profile NT arts and culture
- recognise NT outstanding achievement in the arts
- strengthen professional practice for NT established artists or arts workers
- employ NT artists and arts workers.
Four fellowships are on offer:
- Top End
- Central Australian
- an Aboriginal applicant
- a professional arts worker.
What you can apply for
You can apply for up to $50,000 per applicant.
Examples of activities that may be funded are:
- professional and skills development through residencies, short courses and mentorships
- residencies at, or collaborations with, institutions or organisations
- the creation of new work
- research and development of work for future presentation.
Who can apply
You can apply for this grant if you meet the general NT Arts Grants Program requirements.
You must have had a minimum of six years professional arts practice in the NT making a significant contribution to NT arts and culture and the community.
When to apply
This grant is available from the 9 April 2018 to 7 May 2018.
Your activity must start by 1 July 2018.
Before you apply
Before applying you should read the complete NT Arts Grants Program guidelines for detailed information on applying for NT arts grants.
Discuss your project with an arts broker.
To apply for an Arts Fellowship grant you will need to submit:
- CVs or biographies for all key participants or links online
- an outline of three key achievements or career highlights
- relevant examples of recent work
- three letters of reference from an institution, organisation, colleague, peer or mentor on skills, experience, accomplishments and abilities of the applicant
- self-directed program with timeline and locations of proposed activities
- statement on how the activity will impact the applicant's career and NT arts and cultural development.
How to apply
To apply go to the online Grants Tracker website and create or log into your account.
For more information or assistance contact Arts NT.
Last updated: 13 October 2017