Apply for a professional development grant
The Professional Development Fund grants offer support for professional artists and arts workers in the Northern Territory (NT) to access development opportunities.
The grants are part of the NT Arts Grants Program and support all of the following:
- profile NT arts and culture
- increase skills, knowledge and capacity of NT artists and arts workers
- contribute to NT arts sector development
What you can apply for
You can apply for up to $2,000 per financial year per applicant.
Examples of activities that may be funded are:
- participation in specialist workshops and training
- participation in arts industry forums, national markets and showcasing events
Support for attending awards, ceremonies, exhibitions and competitions is not a priority.
Who can apply
You can apply for this grant if you, your group or your organisation meet the general NT Arts Grants Program requirements.
At least 50 per cent of the total budget for the activity must come from sources other than Arts NT. This may include in-kind support.
If your application involves international travel or employees of arts organisations which receive $100 000 or more in funding per year, you should discuss your application with the Senior Arts Broker before applying.
When to apply
You can apply for a Professional Development Fund grant all year round.
Before you apply
You should read the complete NT Arts Grants Program guidelines for detailed information on applying for NT Arts grants.
Discuss your project and the grant guidelines with an arts broker.
To apply for a Professional Development Fund grant you will need to submit:
- CVs or biographies (max 2 pages) for all key participants or links online
- written confirmation of development offer
- relevant examples of recent work
- budget support material for expenses (using grant funds) over $1 000.
Letters or emails of support may strengthen your application but are not essential.
How to apply
To apply go to the online Grants Tracker website and create or log into your account.
For more information or assistance contact Arts NT.
Last updated: 19 June 2018