Overseas exchange programs for NT students
The overseas student exchange program provides your child with the opportunity to attend high school in another country and a student from another country to undertake study in the Northern Territory under similar conditions.
How does the program work
Your child will be placed with a host family and attend a local school in the country of their choice.
You can choose how long your child participates, but it must be for a minimum of three months.
Cost of the program
You will not have to pay tuition fees or accommodation costs for your child.
You will have to cover your child's personal expenses, flights and other travel expenses.
How to participate
You can organise a student exchange program either:
- through your child's school who may have existing arrangements with schools in other countries.
- through one of the registered secondary student exchange organisations.
Registered secondary student exchange organisations
Contact one of these organisations if you are interested in an exchange program for your child:
- AIIU Discover New Worlds
- AFS Intercultural Programs Australia
- Rotary Youth Exchange Australia
- Southern Cross Cultural Exchange
- Student Exchange Australia and New Zealand
- Youth for Understanding Australia.
Hosting an exchange student
If you are interested in hosting an exchange student please contact education services.
You can find out more about exchange programs by either talking to your child's school or by contacting education services either by:
- phone: (08) 8901 1336
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated: 04 February 2019
Share this page: