Apply to a Centre for Excellence school
Centres for Excellence cater for high ability government school students in Years 10, 11 and 12 who have a passion for learning in a specialist area.
Subjects and locations
There are five Centres for Excellence located in senior secondary colleges and high schools across the Territory.
Each centre covers a specialist subject:
- Medicine and Health Sciences - Casuarina Senior College
- Sustainable Futures - Centralian Senior College
- Science and Mathematics - Darwin High School
- Visual Arts and Design - Palmerston College
- Academic Futures - Taminmin College.
Benefits to students
There are a number of benefits including:
- specialist and challenging learning
- access to industry experience
- pathways to higher education and possible employment opportunities
- extended learning opportunities in association with Charles Darwin University.
How to apply
Entry into the program is by selection as places are limited.
Your child will be required to complete one or more of the following:
- written selection test
- submit a portfolio of work
- provide copies of past year's school reports
- sit a formal test.
If your child gains a place they will undertake all of their NTCET studies at the school.
Apply for a place
To find out more or apply for a place contact the relevant school.
Casuarina Senior College - Medicine and Health Sciences
- phone: (08) 8983 7300
- email: email@example.com
Centralian Senior College - Sustainable Futures
- phone: (08) 8958 5000
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Darwin High School - Science and Mathematics
- phone: (08) 8999 1275
- email: email@example.com
Palmerston Senior College - Visual Arts and Design
- phone: (08) 8935 0222
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Taminmin College - Academic Futures
- phone: (08) 8983 7000
- email: email@example.com
Last updated: 04 February 2019