For registered training organisations (RTOs)
Apprentice and trainee funding
Your training organisation (RTO) may be able to apply for User Choice funding to deliver training for apprenticeships and traineeships in the Northern Territory (NT).
You may be able to apply for funding for your organisation to deliver the following:
- certificate II and III qualifications for new employees
- certificate IV or diploma for employees commencing employment or progressing from a lower level qualification
- one progression level for a student - for example, from certificate II to III, or certificate III to IV.
Benefits of funding
The aim of the User Choice funding program is to give employers and their apprentices or trainees:
- a choice of registered training organisations (RTOs)
- the ability to negotiate key aspects of their training, such as where, how and when it is provided.
Who can apply
You must be an RTO provider to apply for and receive this funding.
You will be offered a training contract once your application has been approved.
You must maintain your status as an RTO for the duration of your contract.
Read more on application criteria and contractual arrangements in the User Choice funding policy on the Department of Industry, Tourism and Trade website.
How to apply
To apply, follow these steps:
Step 1. Fill in the User Choice funding application .
Step 2. Submit your application by emailing email@example.com.
Applications close at 5pm on Monday 13 September 2021. Late applications won't be accepted.
COVID-19 vaccination requirements
From 25 December 2021, vaccination requirements will apply to all:
- NT Government contractors
- grant recipients.
To find out more, read the conditions of contract for COVID-19 mandatory requirements.
For all Department of Industry, Tourism and Trade grants, an extra declaration will be added to the terms and conditions.
Applicants must confirm they are meeting the directions of the policy. The department may ask for proof to check compliance.
For more information, contact the User Choice program officer on 08 8935 7720.
Last updated: 23 December 2021
Share this page:URL copied!