Apprentice and trainee funding
Your training organisation may be able to apply for user choice funding to deliver training for apprenticeships and traineeships in the Northern Territory (NT).
You may be able to apply for funding for your organisation to deliver the following:
- Certificate II and III qualifications for new employees
- Certificate IV or Diploma for employees commencing employment or progressing from a lower level qualification
- one progression level for a student - eg: from Certificate II to III, or Certificate III to IV.
Benefits of funding
The aim of the user choice funding is to give employers and their apprentices or trainees:
- a choice of registered training organisations (RTOs)
- the ability to negotiate key aspects of their training, such as where, how and when it is provided.
Who can apply
You must be a registered training organisation and an endorsed provider to apply for and receive this funding. Read more about how to become an endorsed provider.
You will be offered a training contract once your application has been approved.
You must maintain your status as an RTO and endorsed provider for the duration of your contract.
Read more on application criteria and contractual arrangements in the user choice funding policy.
How to apply
Fill in the user choice form .
You can refer to following documents or pages to help complete your application:
- tips on completing the user choice application form
- NT skills occupation priority list (NTSOPL)
- 2018 annual hour curriculum (AHC) rates.
Send your completed application to the user choice program manager using the details below.
Applications for 2018 user choice funding are open and will close at COB Friday 15 September 2017.
For more information contact the program manager.
User Choice Program Manager
GPO Box 3200
Darwin NT 0801
Phone: (08) 8935 7720