Mediation: a way to work it out
Mediation helps people to talk about their concerns and reach an agreement about how to move ahead.
- discuss issues that are important to them
- explain and listen to each other’s point of view
- consider ways to resolve the dispute
- negotiate with each other
- reach and make their own decisions.
Mediators do not take sides or decide who is right or wrong. They help people to focus on the issues and keep the communication going to reach an outcome.
Mediation can stop problems from escalating and preserve relationships. It can save the time, hassle and stress of going to court.
Last updated: 30 November 2021
Share this page:URL copied!