Get legal advice
Domestic Violence Legal Service
The Domestic Violence Legal Service provides the following services to victims or people at risk of domestic and family violence:
- free confidential legal advice (Darwin City or Palmerston) on your options including:
- applying for a domestic violence order (DVO)
- changing a DVO
- extending a DVO
- removing a DVO
- police domestic violence orders.
- legal representation
- duty lawyer service at the Darwin Magistrates Court DV list (currently Fridays)
- community legal education
- referrals to support services and other legal services.
For more information, or to make an appointment, contact the office Monday to Friday, 8am – 4pm:
Phone: (08) 8999 7977
Fax: (08) 8999 7979
Darwin NT 0801
1, Nichols Place
Cnr Cavenagh and Bennett Sts
DARWIN NT 0801
Last updated: 22 November 2016
Share this page:URL copied!