Terrorism: report suspicious behaviour
This page has information about suspicious behaviour and how to report it.
How to report suspicious behaviour
If you are reporting a crime or emergency situation call 000.
If the matter isn’t urgent, you can report to the National Security Hotline on 1800 123 400.
Deaf or speech impaired people should use the TTY service on 1800 234 889.
You can also contact the National Security Hotline by:
- email at email@example.com
- or MMS on 0429 771 822.
Suspicious behaviour to look out for
Behaviour to look out for includes any of the following:
- unusual videotaping or photography of official buildings or other critical infrastructure
- suspicious vehicles near significant buildings or in busy public places
- suspicious accommodation needs
- unusual purchases of large quantities of fertiliser, chemicals or explosives
- false or multiple identities
- unattended bags.
Read more about suspicious behaviour on the Australian National Security website.
Last updated: 28 November 2017