Town centres you can be banned from

Types of bans you can be given

Being banned for 14 days

If you have committed an offence, or the police believe you are going to commit an offence, you can be banned from a high risk area for up to 14 days by the police.

You can be banned from either:

  • the whole area or
  • the bars, clubs and restaurants in the area.

You can go to the area if you live or work there.

A banning notice does not ban you from all high risk areas in the Northern Territory (NT).

Being banned by a court

If you are guilty of a specified offence, or have been banned from the same area more than once, a court can give you an exclusion order.

This has the same conditions as a banning notice.

Breaking a banning notice or exclusion order

You can be given an infringement notice (fine) if you are either:

  • in the area
  • in a bar, club or restaurant you are banned from.

Read about alcohol offences and penalties.

Print all pages in this section

Last updated: 20 September 2022

Give feedback about this page.

Share this page:

URL copied!