Town centres you can be banned from
You can be banned from the Northern Territory's (NT) central business districts if you do any of the following near bars, clubs or restaurants:
- cause alcohol-fuelled violence
- are involved in a crime
- display anti-social behaviour
- refuse to leave the premises.
The area you can be banned from is known as a designated area.
How long you can be banned for
You can be banned for either:
- up to 48 hours by the police
- or by a court for up to a year.
Find out more about the types of bans you can be given.
Last updated: 05 July 2019
Share this page: