How government buys

The Northern Territory (NT) Government is made up of 22 agencies and spends more than $1 billion per year.

Find out what opportunities there are to supply your goods and services to government.

Before you start, find out more about tendering with government.

To find out the latest planned activity, get the tender forecast.

Register your business in Quotations and Tenders Online (QTOL) to get notified about new and upcoming tenders.

Read more about QTOL, or go to the Quotations and Tenders Online website.

Read below for more ways to get access to government tenders.

Panel contracts

Panel contracts are created through a competitive tender process.

The panel provides government with a schedule of rates from a number of suppliers.

It can be for a range of goods and services that government commonly uses.

They have a fixed number of suppliers and are for a set period of time.

Panel contracts can be for the supply of:

  • specific goods
  • consultancies or
  • services.

To find out how to get on a panel contract, go to the Quotations and Tenders Online website.

Across government contracts

Across government contracts are used by government for the following categories:

  • employee assistance program
  • corporate travel
  • printing
  • products for cleaning, kitchen and hygiene
  • clothing and personal protective equipment.

Government agencies must use across government contracts.

For more information email or call 08 8999 1729.

Industry Capability Network NT (ICN NT)

The NT Government can use ICN NT to do market research on potential suppliers in the NT.

They can also match potential businesses with government requirements.

Government must consult ICN NT for tier 1 and 2 procurement activities.

This is done before seeking quotes from outside the Territory.

For more information and to register your company details, go to the Industry Capability Network NT website.

Northern Territory Indigenous Business Network

The network is a peak body representing NT Indigenous businesses.

They help identify Indigenous businesses that can meet government requirements.

They offer members a range of support services.

For more information call 08 8999 6268 or go to the Northern Territory Indigenous Business Network website.

Contractor Accreditation Limited (CAL)

Depending on the value and nature of the work being done with government, you may require a pre-qualification assessment with CAL.

The NT Government uses CAL to pre-qualify suppliers for the following industries:

  • building
  • construction
  • civil
  • cleaning.

For more information and to register, go to the Contractor Accreditation Limited website.


For information about procurement, email

Last updated: 15 September 2020

Give feedback about this page.

Share this page:

URL copied!