Authorisation for exploration activities
Once you have been granted an exploration licence or mineral authority, you must get a mining authorisation under the Mining Management Act before you can do any work on site that is likely to cause substantial disturbance of the ground.
You must submit an application and all of the following documents and information to the department for approval:
- mining and environment management plans
- information about who will actually do the work
- a safety management plan
- copies of insurance certificates
- material safety data sheets
- an environmental rehabilitation security calculation form
- copies of cultural site clearances
- proof of consultations with stakeholders, for example, landholder or pastoralist agreements.