Builders and building certifiers

If you want to work as a builder or building certifier, or set up a building company in the Northern Territory (NT) you need to apply for NT registration.

You must register with the Building Practitioners Board.

Go to the Builders Practitioners Board website for more information.

Interstate registered builders

If you are registered as a builder in another state or territory you can apply for NT registration under mutual recognition in the equivalent category.

Go to the Australian Government's Licence Recognition website to search for an NT equivalent.

Last updated: 11 March 2016

Share this page:

Was this page useful?

Describe your experience

More feedback options

To provide comments or suggestions about the NT.GOV.AU website, complete our feedback form.

For all other feedback or enquiries, you must contact the relevant government agency.