Rules for serving alcohol
- Serve alcohol responsibly
Who needs a responsible service of alcohol (RSA) certificate, and how to get one.
- Alcohol photo ID system: Alice Springs and Katherine
Information for businesses about the alcohol photo ID system in Alice Springs and Katherine.
- Fake or false ID
Information for liquor licence holders about how to identify fake or false ID, fake ID laws and what to do when you seize a fake or false ID.
- Intoxicated patrons in licensed premises
Information for liquor licencees and licensed venues about selling and supplying alcohol to intoxicated patrons.
- Children working or employed in licensed premises
Liquor licence holders can apply to employ children aged over 14 years and nine months in exceptional cases.
- Sunday takeaway alcohol
There are restrictions that affect when Northern Territory businesses can sell takeaway alcohol, including on Sundays.
- Bring your own (BYO) restaurants and cafes
Rules for cafes and restaurants that allow BYO alcohol and when you need to apply for a liquor licence.