Self-exclusion from a sports bookmaker or betting exchange operator
If you want to stop yourself from being able to gamble with a sports bookmaker or betting exchange operator, you will need to fill in a self-exclusion notice.
You can nominate how long you want your self-exclusion to be in place. When this period expires, you can either choose to fill in another self-exclusion notice, or end your agreement not to gamble.
Before applying, you must read the conditions of the self-exclusion notice.
By completing and lodging a self-exclusion notice, you agree to all of the following:
- to not enter or attempt to enter a nominated betting site or place a telephone bet during the exclusion period
- have a sports bookmaker or betting exchange operator remove your access from, or prevent you from entering the relevant nominated site
- have your personal details, including the self-exclusion form, placed on a responsible gambling incident register held by the bookmaker or betting exchange operator
- let a sports bookmaker or betting exchange operator block access to or close any accounts you hold with them for the length of the exclusion period
- understand the notice is not a contract and that you cannot sue the bookmaker or betting exchange operator or their staff, agents or contractors over any matter relating to the self-exclusion notice
- have the right to seek independent or legal or other professional advice before signing the self-exclusion notice.
Read the Gambling Code of Practice.
To apply, you must do all of the following.
Step 1. Fill in the sports bookmaker or betting exchange operator form.
Step 2. Have a witness sign your form.
Step 3. Email your completed form and photo identification to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you make an application for self-exclusion, you have a three-day cooling off period in which you can change your mind.
If you change your mind, you must contact the nominated site, sports bookmaker or betting exchange operator within 72 hours of submitting your application. Otherwise, you will not be able to gamble with a sports bookmaker or betting exchange operator for the term nominated in the application.
Also read self-exclusion from a licensed venue.
Use the contact details below to find out more or to get help.
For more information on self-exclusion notices, contact Licensing NT.
For information on support services for problem gambling, contact:
24 Hour gambling help line
Phone: 1800 858 858
Darwin: 08 8985 0000
Alice Springs: 08 8952 0377
Last updated: 04 February 2020
Share this page: