Lotteries and community gambling
Prohibited games in the NT
You can only run the games listed below if you have a casino licence in the Northern Territory (NT)
An approved association or business must not run any of them as a fundraiser or promotional activity.
- American Roulette
- Big Six Wheel - Money Wheel
- Pai Gow
- Poker - all versions
- Poker machines
- Sic Bo - big and small
- Two Up - some exemptions apply on special occasions - check with Licensing NT.
Reporting a prohibited game
If you know of a prohibited game being run, you can make a written complaint about it to the Director-General of Licensing who can investigate it.
Your complaint can be sent to Licensing NT.
Your complaint should be clear and must include all of the following information:
- name of the person or organisation conducting the prohibited game
- date and location of the game
- how it was promoted
- permit number - if relevant and if available.
If a complaint is upheld
If your complaint is upheld the organiser of the prohibited game can be directed to do either of the following:
- comply with the regulations
- stop the prohibited game.
If the game organiser is found to have committed a serious breach of the Act or regulations, they may be fined 17 penalty units.
Last updated: 01 February 2019