Earth Observation for the NT grant program
The Earth Observation for the Northern Territory (EO4NT) program supports businesses that develop applications using earth observation data.
The application must show how it uses EO data to:
- solve problems or
- improve business performance and productivity.
Data comes from Geoscience Australia's EO data platform, Digital Earth Australia. However, applicants can draw on other sources.
Who can apply
You can apply if you're a business that meets all of the following:
- hold a valid Australian business number and have operated under that number for at least one year
- are working with an end user for your solution - they must be:
- a business or organisation
- based in the NT
- at a minimum can commit to trialling your solution in the NT
- are financially able to fund the remaining cost of the project if your application is successful
- are technically able to deliver the project
- have a history of compliance with all legal requirements and is fully compliant from the application date.
If you're made up of two or more organisations, one must be the lead applicant.
Who can't apply
You can't apply if you're any of the following:
- government agency
- government owned or controlled body
- statutory corporation.
However, you can work with these organisations as an end user for your solution.
What can be funded
Proposals must focus on the NT, but Australian technology businesses across Australia may be eligible.
Funding will be given to projects that propose a solution to a particular challenge in the following sectors:
- agribusiness and fisheries
- government services
However, proposals outside of these sectors will be considered
Your project must also:
- clearly demonstrate the benefit to the NT
- support efforts to diversify the NT economy
- have a development period of about 6 months (noting that commercialisation may take longer)
- include a project plan with clear milestones, an explanation of technical viability and budget.
How to apply
To apply, follow these steps:
Step 1. Read the terms and conditions and program overview.
Step 2. Apply online through GrantsNT website.
Applications close on 27 June 2022.
After you apply
Your project will be assessed and you will be advised of the outcome by email.
Projects are assessed against certain criteria and given a rating against each one.
Success depends on:
- the ratings you score and
- whether your project aligns with the program objectives.
The project is also subject to final approval by the NT Government and Geoscience Australia.
During the process, you may be asked to provide more information.
COVID-19 vaccination requirements
Vaccination requirements apply to all:
- NT Government contractors
- grant recipients.
To find out more, read the conditions of contract for COVID-19 mandatory requirements.
Applicants must confirm they are meeting the directions of the policy. The department may ask for proof to check compliance.
Last updated: 27 April 2022
Share this page:URL copied!