Get financial help: farm businesses

You may be able to get financial support to help with your farm costs.

Find out if you are eligible for:

Rent reduction or waiver on pastoral lease

You can also apply to get a rent reduction or waiver on your pastoral lease.

This is only for registered lessees of Northern Territory pastoral leases and is only available for the 2019 to 2020 financial year.

Submissions close on 23 March 2020.

To apply or for more information, go to the Department of Environment and Natural Resources website.

Further information

Find out about rural assistance and support services that help farmers and their families.

To find out about other support and services, go to the FarmHub website.

You can get all of the following:

  • information for farmers and farming communities
  • assistance and advice to manage hardship through drought
  • training
  • climate information.

Australian Government support

To find out about support for communities living through the immediate and longer-term effects of drought and flood, go to the National Drought and North Queensland Flood Response and Recovery Agency website.

You can find out about:

  • the Australian Government's plan for drought
  • drought response progress and milestones to date
  • mental health service provider information to support families and communities affected by drought
  • charities and non-government organisations
  • community visits program information.

Last updated: 25 February 2020


Was this page useful?

Describe your experience

More feedback options

To provide comments or suggestions about the NT.GOV.AU website, complete our feedback form.

For all other feedback or enquiries, you must contact the relevant government agency.